Morpheus8 Pre/Post-Treatment Instructions
- Avoid skin irritation (aggressive exfoliation, chemical peels, Retin-A, and retinol) 7 days prior to treatment.
- Avoid laser treatment, IPL, sunburn, self-tanner and spray tanning 14 days prior to treatment.
- Please notify your practitioner if you have a history of cold sores (fever blisters) or recurrent shingles so that a prescription for Acyclovir or Valacyclovir may be phoned in to your pharmacy prior to treatment.
- Men: Please shave the area to be treated. Long and dense hairs prevent electrode contact with the skin’s surface.
- Avoid taking the following blood thinning agents 7 days prior to treatment (if present health status allows): Aspirin, Advil, Aleve, Ibuprofen, Naproxen, Motrin, Excedrin, BC Powder, Celebrex, red wine, fish oil, vitamin-e, green tea, ginger, ginkgo biloba, and flax seed.
- A prescription topical numbing cream (Lidocaine 23% + Tetracaine 7%) will be prescribed for you prior to your initial treatment. Your prescription will be faxed to Apothicare Pharmacy in Lakewood Ranch. Apothicare Pharmacy will call you to verify your choice of payment and your shipping address. Your prescription will be shipped directly to you prior to your appointment.
- On the day of treatment, thoroughly cleanse your skin and apply your prescription lidocaine 7% +Tetracaine 3% numbing cream to the treatment area(s) 30 minutes prior to your appointment time.
Package of 3 treatments will include (1) Neocutis after care and (1) Biogel
- Apply after care twice a day for 3 days then start Biogel twice daily
- Immediately after treatment you may experience mild to moderate skin redness which may last 1-2 days.
- Avoid direct sun exposure 2 weeks following treatment to reduce risk of developing hyperpigmentation (skin darkening).
- The use of broad-spectrum mineral sunscreen, SPF 30 or greater should be applied daily.
- Makeup can be applied one day following treatment providing the treatment areas are no longer sensitive.
- A series of 3 or more treatments spaced 4 weeks apart may be recommended to achieve desired results.
- Please be patient! On average, the human body requires 3 months’ time to generate new collagen and will continue to do so 9 months after the 3rd Morpheus8 treatment. Most clients will start to notice skin tightening and improved skin texture after their second treatment and the results typically continue to improve 9 months after the 3rd treatment. Results may vary depending on age, condition of skin, overall health, and genetic factors.
- Please contact the office at 941.203.5111 with any questions or concerns.