HydraFacial – Pre and Post Care Instructions
HydraFacial Pre Care Instructions
- Discontinue the use of any isotretinoin products (such as Accutane) for 6 months before treatment. Unless you have clearance by our medical director, or personal doctor.
- Discontinue use of topical Retin-A or generic tretinoin for at least 48 hours prior to your treatment.
- Please avoid any type of exfoliating treatments. These include scrubs, glycolic acid, and enzyme peels to the area 48 hours before your HydraFacial treatment.
- Refrain from waxing 48 hours before treatment.
- Like all treatments, avoid excessive sun exposure as well as tanning beds, spray tans, and self-tanning lotions for at least 1 week before treatment.
- Refrain from any medium to deep chemical resurfacing and laser treatments 2 weeks before treatment.
- Wait 1 week after Botox and 2 weeks after fillers before a HydraFacial. Botox and fillers can be given on the same day as your HydraFacial but must be done after and not before.
- Men, we didn’t forget about you…shaving is not recommended on the day of treatment. If you choose to shave, please do so at least 3-4 hours before treatment.
HydraFacial Post Care Instructions
- Avoid excessive sun exposure and tanning beds for 72 hours after treatment.
- Only wash your face the following morning after your treatment.
- Apply our recommended tinted or non-tinted SPF of 30 or greater, 3-5 days after treatment.
- Discontinue the use of topical Retin-A or generic tretinoin for at least 48 hours prior to treatment.
- Avoid the sun. Avoid lengthy sun exposure for the next week.
- Do not pick/scratch/wax/thread/tweeze the area for at least 3-5 days.
- Avoid heat for 24 hours after treatment. This includes hot showers, intense cardio, and saunas.
- If you do not need to apply makeup for the remainder of the day it is preferred to go without.
- Refrain from any harsh exfoliating treatments and lasers for 48 hours.
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
THE ELITE MEDICAL SPA – SARASOTA
5802 Bee Ridge Road
Sarasota, FL 34233